The Lucas Community Center is a 7,000 sq. ft. facility on 4 acres. It is the only facility serving Lucas and the surrounding area. We are eternally grateful that the residents and businesses donated over $500,000 to remodel and furnish the center (no government funding). The center is staffed by volunteers.
Our goal from Richland Gives is to raise $20,000.
*Hire a full time administrator
*Beautification project to complete area surrounding Bandstage to be built in Spring 2021
*Construction of 2 permanent Pickleball Courts in the back parking lot
*Playground equipment for grassy area near pavillion
NEEDS | EDUCATION | FELLOWSHIP
We offer assistance to address the various needs of the local community: food, clothing, counseling, youth programs, and elder assistance.
The Lucas Community Center provides opportunities to educate the community on a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to, personal finance, computers and technology, health and fitness, and domestic relations.
We provide a number of activities to encourage and develop community spirit: volleyball tourneys, movie nights, dining at the restaurant, meetings, lectures, presentations and social events. The community center is a home of hope, joy and peace, experienced through the act of selfless giving and love for others.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Lucas Community Center | A 7,000-square-foot facility located on four acres
- Hosts the Lucas Area Ministerial Association [LAMA] Food
Pantry, which provides food to those in need twice a month
DINING & GATHERING AREA
- Open for everyone to enjoy fellowship with friends and family
- Guests will be permitted to bring in their own
- Provides additional seating for Open Door Café
- Seats 120 people for banquets, reunions, wedding receptions,
- sporting event parties, lectures and presentations
- Equipped with an HD video projector and surround sound, as well as a small kitchen
- In addition to rentals, the hall can be used for community events
OPEN DOOR CAFÉ
- A restaurant to gather and enjoy reasonably priced food
- Provides rental income for the center
- A small meeting room available to rent for up to ten people
- Equipped with internet connection, TV and phone
An office available to provide individual, couple and family counseling
HOUSE OF PRAYER
- A small non-denominational chapel always open to provide a space for individual or communal meditation and prayer
- Extends the community center outdoors
for events and recreation
- Available to rent in conjunction with Hanley Hall
or the volleyball courts
- Two full-sized, sand volleyball courts are available to create fellowship and develop a good sporting attitude through team play
OUTDOOR RECREATION AREA
- A lawn area is available for seasonal gatherings, picnics, fellowship and wholesome recreation
- A pavilion and play area is available
- Plans for a splash park are being developed